HEART Moments

Facebook

Friday, March 15, 2013

Surrender To God



"
For we walk by faith [we regulate our lives and conduct ourselves by our conviction or belief respecting man’s relationship to God and divine things, with trust and holy fervor; thus we walk] not by sight or appearance.
For we WALK by FAITH not by sight." - 2 Corinthians 5:7

"
You have already been cleansed by the WORD that I have spoken to you. 4 Abide in me as I abide in you. Just as the branch cannot bear fruit by itself unless it abides in the vine, neither can you unless you abide in me. 5 I am the vine, you are the branches. Those who abide in me and I in them bear much fruit, because apart from me you can do nothing." - (John 15:3-5).


It's easier to SAY you have FAITH than it is to WALK it out. You have to be COMMITTED to it! Like...When you say you will FOLLOW GOD and His ways...

Are you WILLING to stop working on your day of Sabbath as HONOR to Him and not your paycheck?

Will you decide to LET GO of the things/people that keep you from having a growing relationship with Him and spending more time with Him?

Will you WALK out on the WATER where it's not as safe as you are used to having it, to be OBEDIENT to what HE wants you to do?

There is a reason the model prayer that Jesus gave us states... "Thy KINGDOM COME, THY WILL BE DONE" (Matthew 6)...most are really not WILLING to COME as God is ASKING us to do...because we WANT OUR WILL to be done more than His. The spirit of control is one of the biggest barriers between our relationship with God. Most won't FULLY relinquish control to our Sovereign God who is in control ANYWAY. Even when you choose not to let go, he will just have to TEACH you LONGER to get you where He needs you to be...and that's a much HARDER ROAD than just surrendering.

It has been my experience that God OFTEN will impress upon my heart to do what I REALLY DO NOT WANT TO DO initially to see if I'll be OBEDIENT to His requests regardless. But afterwards as I MOVE towards His request my feelings and desire for it changes...He gives me little reminders along the journey to let me know I took the right step and that HIS WORD is TRUE over everything that may not be LOOKING like where I'm going. Then SUDDENLY, the BLESSING will SHOW up as I am busy about His Will. God wants to us to know if we can be TRUSTED with what HE wants to give us. Checking our CHARACTER through our efforts...but are you WILLING to get outside of your COMFORT ZONE to get it???

MOST aren't WILLING because there is a SACRIFICE, A COST that comes with STEPPING out on FAITH...we must LEAVE what we KNOW and JUST GO where our HEARTS are leading us...And the funny thing is it NEVER LOOKS like it will work by our HUMAN KNOWLEDGE or Logic!

FAITH COMES as we MOVE toward what GOD has said and by what WE BELIEVE He has said. The MORE we STAY covered by Hearing His Word over what everyone else is saying, what everything is LOOKING like...the more we have the FAITH to do what we may not be comfortable with doing initially. One thing we can be assured of is the PROMISES of God...They are always. "Yes and Amen!"






No comments:

Post a Comment