HEART Moments

Facebook

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Don't Give Up...Have FAITH!




"For we walk by faith [we regulate our lives and conduct ourselves by our conviction or belief respecting man’s relationship to God and divine things, with trust and holy fervor; thus we walk] not by sight or appearance." (2 Corinthians 5:7)


I was fortunate to have worked for the Travel Industry most of the years I was raising my daughter. Now having ENOUGH money for what I WANTED to do was another thing. Yes we had a roof over our head, we usually took a vacation at least once a year for either one of our birthdays (in HONOR of our VALUE to ourselves, the world and to spend QUALITY TIME together); however, most of the EXTRA things I wanted like decorations for my house, dance classes for my daughter, fashionable clothes, artwork...came because I DECIDED to take on a JOB that would supply what I WANTED.

So when I wanted artwork...I began selling artwork. No these jobs didn't last forever, because it was keeping me from spending time with my child, but for a short time to get what I wanted for my home. When I needed Life Insurance, I began selling Life Insurance to recoup what I was planning to put out for it. When I needed Life Coaching, I began selling it so I could get it at a lower cost and GROW from it. I'm SAYING all of this to say… WHAT DO YOU WANT??? HOW BAD DO YOU WANT IT???

A lot of times we don't BELIEVE we can have it so we don't even TRY to have it. Yes, you must have the FAITH FIRST to do anything that you want to do. However, once you have SET YOUR MIND (FOCUS) on what you want, God somehow will OPEN the DOOR for you to get it…but will you TAKE ADVANTAGE of it when it SHOWS UP??? I think the main thing we have lack of FAITH in, is OURSELVES and the GOD in which we SAY we have FAITH.

I know when things start going south in our lives we sometimes forget who we really are INSIDE, but be assured, GOD has not FORGOT! He sometimes has to take us through the VALLEY for us to get to the MOUNTAIN top. The VALLEY is where we learn that we will NOT SINK when we WALK on the Water with Him. Now don’t get me wrong, it’s SCARY as heck, because you’ve never walked in this particular situation. But remember you do have a little history to look back over whenever you might begin doubting it.

Nothing is NEW to God! We just have to TRUST that He has our GREATER GOOD all worked out…even when we fall (and we usually will fall).  But you know the BEST thing about it is, when we do, He always has a LOVING hand reaching down to PICK us up which makes us all the MORE GRATEFUL to get off and running again with Him by our sides to our Destiny. We just have to KEEP MOVING towards it!




No comments:

Post a Comment